winter activities away from the slopes
Action and adventure in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Those in search of action and adventure in a true winter wonderland should head for Saalbach Hinterglemm!
As well as fantastic pistes for skiers and snowboarders of all abilities, this region has plenty going on away from the slopes.
Highlights include romantic horse-drawn carriage rides, snowshoe hikes along well-maintained trails as well as the chance to get a bird's eye view on the region during a tandem flight with a paragliding expert.
Action down on the ground can be found in the form of snowtubing, tobogganing and ice-karting.
Create your own winter fairytale in Saalbach Hinterglemm!
Top tips in saalbach Hinterglemm
- Romantic horse-drawn carriage rides (can be combined with a hike along the Treetop Trail)
- Explore the Treetop Trail
- Adrenaline-pumping Icekart races
- Ready, steady ... go! Snowtubing
- Snowshoe hikes – guided hikes organised by the local tourism board
- Toboggan runs next to the hotel and at the Reiterkogel and Spielberghaus
- Discover the region from a new perspective during a tandem paragliding flight
- Ski touring in the Glemm Mountains – speak to Martin at reception for tips
- Winter hikes along 22 well-maintained trails – hiking map with topography of each hike available from reception