hiking holidays in saalbach hinterglemm
From traditional huts to summit ascents
Saalbach Hinterglemm lies between the mighty glaciers of the Hohe Tauern to the south and the craggy peaks of the Steinernes Meer to the north, with the rolling green hills of the Pinzgauer Grasberge in between.
This unique topography makes the panoramic views from the summits of the region's mountains truly spectacular, as your eyes wander from the glacier ice to the sheer rockfaces. All in all there are 400 km of signposted hiking trails catering for all fitness levels and abilities, from families with pushchairs to ambitious climbers.
Highlights include sunrise hikes on the Tristkogel mountain, thrilling walks along narrow alpine ridges and, of course, the famous Seven Summits Hike for those with experience and good overall fitness.
Six cable cars are available to whisk hikers up into the mountains in the blink of an eye, where they will find 40 traditional huts serving food and drink.
Hiking Service Rosentalerhof
- Smoveys for hire
- Pool (26-29°C in summer)
- Sauna and Sanarium
- Healthy breakfast buffet
- Free drink and fruit-bar for hikers
- Free hiking app and hiking map
- Additional booking options: sunrise hiking, sleeping under the starry sky at 2000m
- Shoe and clothes dryer available
- Guest washing machine (for a fee)
- The hiking trails start right outside our front door, so why not take a little walk on the day you arrive?
- 400 km of signposted hiking trails
- Advice on the best trails for all fitness levels and abilities as well as the best food and drink in the region, from herb smoothies to traditional specialties
- 40 mountain huts serving food and drink
- Joker Card included in summer: free use of the cable cars, hiking bus, train and guided hikes
- Large Kneipp water therapy pool next to the hotel to refresh tired muscles
- Spa area with pool and sunbathing lawn
- Excellent hiking in the rolling green Pinzgauer Grasberge
- Free hiking map
- Free hiking app – trail information and GPS points available offline. Hikers connected to the internet can also read the names of the villages they pass
- Guided hikes organised by the tourism board free with the Joker Card
Hiking at the Hochkogel mountain
The hike up to the top of the 2249-metre-high Hochkogel mountain is a challenge for experienced hikers. Spectacular views at the top are the reward for all that hard work.
Sunrise hike to the Tristkogel
There are few experiences like watching the sun rise from the top of a mountain. At the Rosentalerhof you have the chance to do exactly that in the company of a trained mountain guide.
time for a hiking holiday in saalbach hinterglemm?
Discover the mountains of the Salzburger Land on holiday at the Rosentalerhof. Check out our all-inclusive deals and book today from the comfort of your own home.